Roundup: Money Insights
Every now and then, we get a flash of insight. For me, this often happens while I am reading a blog. Many personal finance bloggers offer great insights into money, and when you read their blog posts, you can get a little inspiration about how you can manage your money better. Here are some posts that provided me with insight and inspiration this past week:
- The bill-paying lifestyle: A simple post, with a simple image, Jacob at Early Retirement Extreme offers a quite insightful look at the way most of us live. Are you ready to leave that lifestyle behind?
- Health Care Home Improvements Are Tax Deductible: I can deduct that on my taxes? Silicon Valley Blogger at The Digerati Life helps you see what you can deduct on your taxes when you improve your home for a medical purpose.
- The Best Time to Buy: Emily at PT Money has a list of the best times to buy different items. From groceries to the car rental, find out when it’s the best time to make your purchase.
- When Buying a Home is the Best Option: When should you buy a home? This is a tricky question, but MD at The Financial Blogger has some suggestions for how you can figure out that it might be best to just purchase a home.
- Dumb Things People Do Volume V: Leaving The House When You Should Stay Home: Sometimes, it’s better to just leave well enough alone. Everyday Tips and Thoughts offers a look at why you should be careful of heading out when, really, it could cost you more in the long run.
- Frugal Tips for the Pet Pooch: You love your furry friend, but s/he can be so expensive. Budgeting in the Fun Stuff looks at ways you can save money while giving your pet what is needed.
- Budgeting on a Teacher’s Salary: Elle at Couple Money provides a great reminder that it is possible to live within our means even on a small salary. A great inspiration for those looking to create a workable budget.